Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Welcome to Erlangen!

   I get a bike today. I am so excited. While I enjoy walking every where, it will be nice to have a quicker option. Yesterday was particularly cold and I would have loved to ride to my German class instead of walking. Five minutes in the cold is much better than 15. I will be sure to post pictures after I get the bike.
    So far the only exploring that we have done have been of Erlangen and the city of Nurnberg, a 20 minute train ride away. I have yet to eat at a bad restaurant. Some of our favorite places are Lo Studente, a small Italian place with a great specialty dish, and Schlotfeger, a delicious steak house. Can you tell I am hungry?
    We are actually going out to eat tonight. There are a couple of things we are celebrating. Valentine's Day, our three year anniversary, and it's been six months that we have been married. We usually celebrate V-day early to avoid the crowds and our anniversary is the tomorrow but our 6 month-aversary since our wedding was yesterday. Today is a nice compromise.
     I am going to dress up tonight but we have to go buy bikes first and I have to try them out. For now I am just wearing jeans. I did my makeup and hair (kind of. :: see my other blog) already so that all I have to do is change when we get home. I am sure we're going to have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment